By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - lottery winner given PS3 but will buy Wii for Son

Just thought this story was kind of funny.

http://www.independent.ie/world-news/europe/hawaii-top-of-wish-list-as-mum-wins-836452m-on-lottery-1059528.html

Angela Kelly (40), who lives with 14-year-old John in Glasgow, won €52.4m in Friday's EuroMillions draw.

She said John had a long list of things he hoped she might buy for him, including a quad bike and a Nintendo Wii. He was already given a present of a Play Station 3 by the Camelot people yesterday.

Around the Network

This is not a flamebate thread at all...at all.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

No, it's not. Lighten up Francis.

ckmlb said:
This is not a flamebate thread at all...at all.

It's rather amusing... the Kid was given a PS3 from "Camelot people" and he actually wants a Wii.

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

so.. if i was that kid id also ask for a DS a PSP an Xbox360 a high end PC and a high end Laptop...
but thats just me....

edit: wait.. 52.4m... how about a house while where at it MOM?!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

Around the Network

Does this have anything to do with the Wii being white?

我是广州人

Not only flamebait but also retarded.

He already has one, what he needs a second one ?

I don't see how it's a flamebait thread when it's an actual article that deals completly in fact. It's not even fact of an "Opinion" like when Ubisoft said the PS3 couldn't handle AI as well as the 360.

Doesn't flamebait pretty much have to be a post that's particularly offensive and either dealing in misleading statements, personal opinions treated as fact or outright insults?

Kasz216 said:
Doesn't flamebait pretty much have to be a post that's particularly offensive and either dealing in misleading statements, personal opinions treated as fact or outright insults?

Nope, flamebait is a thread that is made to incite flaming by definition. It doesn't need to be false or misleading or anything.

If I made a thread right now about how the PS3 is a more powerful system than the Wii? Wouldn't that be flamebait? I mean we all know that and it's a non issue at this point.

Same here, a thread that is pretty much about nothing made specifically to gloat or something...

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

I gotta say, if you find this article offensive or controversial, you really need to get a life.